lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

The Girl Next Door

She was beautiful, honest, loyal, amazing, she is my best friend Silvia. Silvia was 14, was like 1.65 m, she was very skinny, she was green eyes, a beautiful nose, curly hair, and she smelled like vanilla. I always trust her even when my eyes were closed. I met her in my neighborhood; I was new there, and she was very kind at me even if I was “the new kid”, her house is in front of my house. I clearly remember the day I met her, I was 6 and I was playing in the neighborhood’s yard. She appeared with her brother Juan Luis and they asked me if I wanted to play basketball with them and I agreed. We played basketball all the afternoon until dinner’s time. Now I can say that she is my best friend because she always helps me and she always was there when I needed her. I used to call her almost every night to tell her my problems and all the things I did. I always went to her house to see movies and eat pizza. I admire her a lot because she always gives me strength to survive and solve my problems. Last summer we were eating pizza and she started vomiting blood, I get really nervous I didn’t knew what to do about that  I just started yelling at her mom and she immediately take her to the hospital, I stayed all the afternoon with Juan Luis waiting to hear some news; it was 7P.M. when we saw some light coming from a car, it was their moms car, so we immediately went to the front door and it was only coming Ana, their mom, we asked her about Silvia and she told us that she was going to spend the night at the hospital because she was very sick, I get really scared so I went to my house, on my way to my house Ana called my mom, I just remember getting into my house and my mom was on the phone with a scared face I asked her what was wrong? And she didn’t reply, I waited there, when my mom hang up the phone I asked her again and she take me to our living room and she said a story about some flowers and a garden I didn’t get what she was trying to say so she just came with the truth “Silvia has cancer” I was really confused, I only was thinking about how someone that was my age was supposed to fight to that kind of illness, it wasn’t fair at all, kids are not supposed to die! Next day my mom took me to the hospital, when I saw Silvia all small and fragile I thought I wouldn’t be able to saw her but she just hold my hands and told me: “you have to promise me something, you’re going to be the best basketball player ever”, actually I didn’t answer her anything I just kept looking at her. She died a few days later, now I don’t play basketball because I find out I wasn’t made to play that sport, but I fall in love with the soccer and now I put my 110% on that sport so then I can accomplish what Silvia asked me, and I’ll greatest soccer player ever.  

2 comentarios:

  1. I love this detail: "... and she smelled like vanilla."

    Luis Pedro,


    What a brave and beautiful story to share, and I am so sorry about your friend. I know you will always remember her, and she will continue to touch your life in ways that you won't recognize.

    That said, you really write beautifully. Please, please, please, though, break up your writing into paragraphs so I can get through it more easily. Also, make sure you edit for grammatical corrections.

    Keep up the good work, and keep challenging yourself.

    Miss K

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Susbi, me gusto mucho que compartiera una historia muy personal con nosotros.
    Se que es dificil escribir sobre alguien que queremos mucho y ya se fue.
    Se que ella esta muy orgullosa de usted y ella sabe que es una persona muy especial en su vida.

    Let's live every day the best we can, and keep moving forward!

    ResponderEliminar